Emergency regulations were made in April 2020 because of the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on school appeals. These regulations have been further extended and will remain in place until 30 September 2022. Where it is not reasonably practicable to hold face-to-face hearings for reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic, hearings should be conducted by telephone or video conference. Where telephone or video conference is not possible, appeals conducted entirely based on written submissions are acceptable.
Year 7 appeals - September 2022
Year 7 places will be offered, via the local authorities, on 1 March 2022. Children who cannot be offered a place, due to there being more applications than there are places, can ask to remain on a waiting list. Parents need to return the waiting list form to the Admissions Team at their local authority to join the waiting list.
Timeline for appeals
- Deadline for submitting an appeal form: Tuesday 29 March 2022.
- Appeals received by deadline.
- All parents will be given at least 14 days’ written notice of when an appeal hearing will be held either face to face or remotely by telephone or video link. Appeals to be heard in written format will be heard as soon as is reasonably possible and parents will be provided with a timetable for submitting written information. Where possible, appeals submitted by the deadline date will be heard by Wednesday, 15 June 2022.
- Late appeals will be heard as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Last appeal date in the Summer term: week beginning 25 July 2022.
These appeals are for children transferring between schools mid-year. You can make a formal appeal to an independent appeal panel, for any school that you have applied for where admission has been refused. This is a legal process and places are not ‘reserved’ for appeal panels to offer. As a guide, one in five appeals are successful.
In-year appeals are heard, where possible, within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal form.
Appeal forms and information
The local authority process the applications & appeals for this Academy. Details of the appeals process and the appeal form can be found at: https://www.bradford.gov.uk/ed...
If you need to speak to someone about an appeal, you can contact the local authority via:
Telephone: 01274 439200