Covid-19 Asymptomatic Testing (Lateral Flow Testing - In School and At Home)
When students return to the academy in September we would like students to participate in lateral flow testing as they have potentially been mixing with more individuals over the summer holidays.
- We have a team of trained staff ready to oversee student self-testing in school.
- All Year 7-11 students will be offered tests for COVID-19 on their return, using ‘lateral flow tests’.
- It is not compulsory to take these tests, but the Government’s health advice is that effective testing helps stop the virus spreading, particularly asymptomatically in the community.
- Lateral flow testing means students with no symptoms can be identified swiftly.
- We would appreciate full support for the testing as we believe it is key to reducing spread during the coming months.
- If you give consent to testing in the first two weeks, going forward you will be provided by us with home testing kits.
Week Commencing 31 August
- Students whose families have given consent will be tested by trained staff twice at school.
- Students will be invited in by year group on Tuesday 31 August to undergo their first lateral flow test to minimise disruption to students education. Students will then undergo their second lateral flow test when they have returned to school. Students will only need to come for a test on Tuesday 31 August during their allocated time and can then return home.
- Year 11 – 9am – 10am
- Year 10 – 10am – 11am
- Year 9 – 11am – 12pm
- Year 8 – 1pm – 2pm
- Year 7 – 2pm – 3.30pm
- After students have participated in testing in school they will be provided with two rapid tests to use each week at home (if they have consented).
- Families will be required to report results to schools to record. Students who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate in line with government guidance.
We are asking all families to complete this form to indicate if you consent to your child participating or not.
Please complete this form below by Thursday 26 August to allow us time to prepare for testing.
Below is a video which explains how to administer the Lateral Flow Self Tests at home and also explains how we will conduct the Lateral Flow Testing in school for the first three tests.